Wednesday 20 February 2013

analyzing op art

in our art class we've recently been working with different types of lines. today we were told to find an original piece of op art. I chose the piece below done by victor vasarely in the year 1960 called 'riu kiu c' I chose this art piece because I like how simple the lines look but how complex the piece looks, as a while it it hard to look at..but if you look close you can see that all the lines are just simple horizontal and vertical lines. since the lines change direction so often certain sections of the piece appear to have diagonal lines incorporated into it..but there are none. another thing I like about this piece is how all the lines are the same width but the way they are drawn certain lines appear to be further behind other lines. I also like how there appears to be diamonds, triangles and squares in the piece of art. well there's my opinions on this art!

No comments:

Post a Comment